Just a few drops of essential oil can boost all kinds of recipes. Essential oils can be such a hot topic! I don’t sell any of the multi-level-marketing brands (MLM) and I am not going to push any brands on you in this post. Just take a deep breath!
I do like that the MLM brands offer pure essential oils that are not filled with junk and I can feel good about using in my home and for my family. But there are other brands I feel safe using too. But that’s enough of the controversy for me!
To get to why I’ve chosen these top 5 essential oils, let me tell you how I use them! First. Let’s talk mixing essential oils with Castile soap for practical uses! See our 10 ways to use Castile Soap post for recipes!
-Shampoo- For shampoo, I like to add some soothing lavender and peppermint. Just a couple drops of into my plain Castile soap for shampoo really makes my shower a calm and soothing environment. Plus I enjoy showering at bedtime so it’s relaxing before bed. These oils are soothing to the skin and scalp too!
-Shampoo for him. My husband loves the tingle of mint in his shampoo. A nice blend of peppermint and tea tree offer that tingling and heat sensation to the scalp that he just loves! tea tree oil to ward off dandruff! He even likes a little eucalyptus in there from time to time if I get fancy!
-Body wash. Some calming sweet orange and lemon makes a beautiful blend of warm citrus notes I love for me in the shower! Try it out! I use this on my face as well!
-Body wash for him. My husband loves to use the same bottle of shampoo for his body wash. I’ll admit. I often use mine this way too. We even share some times. That’s the benefit of adding Castile soap to your shower routine. It’s so versatile and cuts down on clutter! If you want something different, try a blend of lemon and eucalyptus for your man. It’s energizing and a nice way to wake up in the morning!
-Cleaning- I like to use Lemon for all things cleaning. It’s a natural degreaser and it adds shine!
Here’s the list of my top 6 essential oils and more uses for these oils!
1. Lavender. Lavender is incredibly calming to the mind and the skin. I use it on my skin and in a diffuser at bedtime. It can help calm hyper children at bedtime too!
2. Peppermint. Peppermint is so invigorating. Makes a great addition to your shower routine. It’s also great for opening up stuffy noses and cold congestion diluted in some carrier oil and rubbed on your chest. Solution for children should be double what you dilute for yourself. Peppermint diluted in the back of your child’s neck helps with fever as well!
3. Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus is a natural healer. I mix it with peppermint and carrier oil for a chest rub for congestion. And I diffuse it when congested. It’s great in a shampoo for dandruff too.
4. Tea Tree. Tea tree is a life saver. I use it diluted in carrier oil for skin conditions like pimples and rashes. It’s great in shampoo and body wash.
5. Sweet orange. This warm and calming citrus scent is great for cleaning body and home. The citrus power makes it refreshing. Yet the it’s gentle enough for an evening diffuser mixed with lavender for calming or in the morning with lemon for energizing. Lemon and sweet orange are also helpful for nausea! Either in a diffuser or diluted in carrier oil and rubbed on your belly.
6. Lemon. Lemon is the powerhouse of citrus essential oils. It’s a staple in my home for so many cleaners. It’s also delicious diluting a single drop in a quart of water for lemon water. It’s good for nausea as mentioned above. Diluting lemon in water and sipping it is also helpful for nausea.
What are your favorite uses for Essential Oils?