All kinds of vinegar can be helpful in your home. some special types of vinegar are great for cooking like red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and rice vinegar. But others are meant for everyday use! We both buy a huge stock of both distilled white vinegar and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and this post is how we use those in our homes!
First. Raw ACV is an incredible super food that we use in our GGMS (Good Girl Moonshine coined by Trim Healthy Mama) find our concentrate recipe here. It’s also healthy for your hair! Find our recipes for natural conditioner here!
Second. Distilled white vinegar is a powerful household cleaner. Here are my favorite ways to use it!
1. Weed and Grass killer. Instead of spending a bunch of money in weed killer, I fill a sprayer bottle with undiluted white vinegar and kill unwanted weeds and grass around my home. Be careful, it kills wanted grass too, so spray with caution!
2. Glass cleaner. Mix 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. It’s easier and healthier for your home than windex! Cheaper too!
3. Chemical free rinse aid! Instead of filling your dishwasher with chemical filled and expensive rinse aid, try placing 1/4 c of white vinegar in a small container in the top shelf of your dishwasher. It will act as a rinse aid!
4. Daily shower cleaner! Fill a spray bottle with 50/50 white vinegar and water and spray down your shower doors after a shower. No need to rinse daily. When you go to wash your shower you will notice the absence of soap scum and filmy build up!
5. Clogged shower head? No more! Put 50/50 white vinegar and water in a ziplock bag. Emerge your shower head in this bag and tie it shut with a string to keep in place around the shower head over night. In the morning, remove the bag and shower as normal! Viola! Unclogged!